I've had heaps of fun, staying at a friend's place in WeHo. Some thoughts about my mini-break:
1) Wear flip-flops/thongs to the airport.
No one likes those smelly-sock-feet when you're going through the domestic security screen.
2) Check for all your stuff before you leave
Know how you forget something when you go on holiday?
This time it was my debit card. Except I realised that it was stolen and someone withdrew the balance of the account last week. Bugger. Oh well, something to talk to the police about tomorrow. And then the bank.
3) Keep your laptop separate from the rest of your hand luggage for the security screen at the airport.
I'm a lucky boy. Security forced me to sit while they lifted and separated my luggage. Then they ran the piles of stuff through the scanners. Twice.
4) Be gracious in accepting your hosts' hospitality.
Especially if they're both hot. Offer gifts - like mornings full of groups sex. Especially when they're both into it.
5) An Australian accent does all sorts of things to gay Americans.
Especially hot latino men who will drop to their knees and offer a good blowjob at an after-hours blowout.
6) Go to after-hours blowouts...
7) No matter where you go, Cher is still a diva
As is Madonna, Babs, Better and all the others. And the Americans now know who Kylie is - especially the dancing queens.
8) References to Prisoner: Cell Block H will get you anywhere with 30+ yo hot gay men.
This is just randomly added for QP's amusement.
9) I love LA, but I couldn't live there.
That said, I'll happily visit WeHo at the drop of a hat.
Oh, there's a really cool hat store there called Goorin Brothers - very nice.
10) Most important - check out the bartenders at every venue, and make sure to talk to them.
They'll sometimes give your drink for free if they think you're hot - cf. item #5 above.
11) Uncle Charlie is not a nice copassenger, no matter how short the flight.
aka. White lines - don't do it.